A set of guidelines for those creative types
Before you start
- Ask yourself “Do you really need a new component or can you use one that already exists?”
- Is it something that is re-usable and not product specific?
- Do you understand the accessibility requirements for this component?
- Is there any research (internal or external) that can give you guidance?
- Are there any constraints on what content can be placed in this component?
- Does it align to giffgaff’s UX standards?
- Implementation considerations, i.e. where to use and not to use
- What are the use cases for this component
- Does it align to our brand identity and visual guidelines
- Performance considerations (image formats)
- Does it align to giffgaff’s UI coding standards?
Things to do check that you’ve built the right thing
- A/B tests
- User research and testing
What to document
- Everything above